If there is one thing that can cause a grave sense of terror on everyone, may it be children, men and women alike, it has to be head lice. These pesky bug parasites live in your beautiful hair, which they call their home, and then cause an annoying itch that can drive you crazy. But fortunately, aside from getting rid of them manually, there is a much easier solution for this parasite problem, and that is by using the best head lice shampoo. There is a lot of anti-lice shampoo that you can get over-the-counter at your local drugstore or online, but in this article, we would be showing the best of them all:
Fairy Tales Rosemary Repel Daily Kid Shampoo
This anti-lice kids shampoo and conditioner is formulated with an organic citronella, lavender, tea tree, rosemary, geranium oils, and anise that makes it an excellent shampoo and conditioner for getting rid of lice. It also helps prevent your children from acquiring them.
Also, the shampoo is gentle enough on the scalp to be used every day without causing scalp problems. Using the product regularly can help you eliminate and repel the nasty parasites from your child’s beautiful hair.
- It is paraben and SLS free
- It has a pleasant and refreshing smell
- Repels and eliminates the infestation of head lice
- Suitable for children above 2 years of age
- It moisturizes, hydrates, and soothe the scalp
- Enriched with vitamins and minerals for healthy hair
- It is a bit expensive
Clearlice Natural Lice Shampoo and Treatment
If you’d rather use an anti-lice shampoo that doesn’t a pesticide, then this Clearlice shampoo would be a good choice for you. This product helps kill lice and nits overnight and repels from infesting your hair again. Also, the product uses the best ingredients around the world, which are all free from pesticides and harmful chemicals.
Since the shampoo is pH balanced and free from harmful chemicals, it is also suitable to be used on kids who are aged 2 years and above as it is safe and non-toxic.
- It is pesticide and SLS free
- Gentle on the scalp and can be used daily
- It is non-toxic
- Hypoallergenic, which makes it perfect for those with sensitive skin
- It has a pleasant peppermint smell
- Very easy to use
- It has a money back guarantee
- Not enough for those with longer hairs
LiceLogic Head Lice Shampoo and Treatment
If you are looking for something non-toxic and all natural, you should consider getting this LiceLogic lice shampoo. This all-natural anti-lice shampoo is designed to kill head lice and all of its eggs or nits naturally. This product is enzyme based, pesticide-free, and safe to be used on children that are over 2 years old.
Also, the shampoo is gentle enough to be used every day by the whole family to help fend and eliminate those pesky parasites. It is plant-based and contains a lot of enzyme blend property from LiceLogic, and it is proven to kill lice and its eggs upon contact.
- It is very easy to use
- It has a refreshing peppermint scent
- One bottle can last to up to 16 treatments
- Eco-friendly and doesn’t contain any harsh chemical ingredients
- Not enough for big families or for those who have long hairs
- It is a bit pricey
Lice Shield 2 in 1 Lice Repellant Shampoo
If you looking for something cheaper but still effective in repelling lice, then this best head lice shampoo is probably the one that you are looking for. In addition to this, the shampoo is combined with a conditioner which help prevents your hair from drying out. Not only does it repels parasites and cleanses your hair, but it also conditions your hair to have a soft, healthy-looking hair.
Also, the shampoo contains 5 potent essential oils, which protects your hair’s texture while also getting rid of the lice. The product has also claimed that it can protect its users from getting by individuals who are infested with lice.
- It is very affordable compared to other products
- It has a tangle-free formula
- Safe and gentle enough to be used daily
- Very easy to use
- It doesn’t dry your hair out
- It helps get rid of lice and also protects you from it
- The shampoo is only meant for repelling and not for killing lice
RID Lice Killing Shampoo
RID products are one the most popular anti-lice shampoo brands that you can find in the market. Unlike any other shampoos, this product should be thoroughly applied on your dry hair instead of wet. Let the shampoo sit for several minutes on your hair and then wash it out while also using a comb specifically designed to get rid of lice.
This product comes with 2 useful combs and anti-lice shampoo that contains natural ingredients to help kill and repel the parasites and its nits. In addition, this shampoo also works as a shampoo and conditioner that doesn’t leave any residues behind your hair, which will also make it easier for you to comb the hair once the treatment is over.
- The shampoo is safe enough to be used on children aged 2 years and above
- The product comes with a useful comb
- It effectively kills lice and nits
- The product uses an organic but powerful ingredients
- Works as a shampoo and conditioner
- Not enough to last for several treatments
- It contains some toxic chemicals but still safe enough to use
- The included combs are made of plastic which makes it not durable
Schooltime Head Lice Shampoo
Here is another pesticide-free product that is safe to be used on children, which they’ll also like. The shampoo is designed to be gentle on kids and on the skin, while also being tough on adult lice and its eggs. The shampoo is also hypoallergenic, which is very useful for consumers who are allergic to most typical shampoos.
The product is fragrance and color free, and it doesn’t contain any additional animal type of ingredients. Aside from shampoo, this product also contains conditioner to help retain your hair’s oil and keep its healthy shine after usage. It also helps ease your scalp irritation that is mostly caused by lice bites. This shampoo should be applied on dry hair and not wet.
- It is hypoallergenic which is perfect for people with allergies
- One bottle can be used from 6 to 8 times
- Can be used for children above 2 years of age
- It is free from pesticides and other harsh chemicals
- It is a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner
- Keeps hair soft and healthy
- Not enough for those who have thick hairs and big families
- Should be applied for 15 minutes before washing
- The package is not included with a lice removal comb
Nit Free Head Lice Shampoo
For those who are looking for a natural alternative to traditional pesticides, you can check out this Nit Free Shampoo which might suit your needs. The shampoo is sulfate-free, non-toxic, and designed to be gentle on anybody’s skin. Its ingredients contain natural oils and organic products like a rosemary extract, which works as a natural lice repellent.
This product is very effective is very effective against lice and eggs, and also helps soothe your scalp’s irritation which is caused by lice bites. It is gentle enough on the skin and can be used daily to get rid of nits all throughout your hair’s roots. Therefore, you won’t have to worry about eggs hatching and acquire another lice infestation.
- It contains oil to help soothe the scalp
- This package comes with a comb
- It’s toxic and pesticide free
- It contains strong chemicals to eliminate lice, but gentle enough for the skin
- It has the pleasant aromatic smell of rosemary
- Enough to be used by a few people
- It can leave a greasy residue on your hair
- It’s not included with a comb
- The smell might be overpowering to some
- it doesn’t contain a conditioner and it’s sold separately
ZAP Liquid Head Lice Shampoo
The ZAP shampoo is designed to not contain any pesticides for the convenience of most consumers, and so that the parasites cannot become immune to its effects. Instead of harmful pesticides, this product use star anise oil, which is effective in killing lice by blocking their orifices. To achieve its maximum effect, apply it on dry hair and leave it on for at least 15 minutes before washing.
In addition to its package, the company has also included an easy-to-use comb, which helps brush out the dead lice and to also remove its nits from your scalp. If you are suffering from body lice as well, you can also use this product, but do not use this product on your eyebrows or anywhere near your eyes.
- It is inexpensive
- It can be effectively used on dry hair
- It’s effective in treating head and body lice, including the parasite’s nits
- The package is included with a comb
- Gentle enough to be used on children 2 years and above
- Safe to be used every day
- You might need to use this more than once
- One bottle is not enough to last for several for those with long and thick hair
- It should be left on for at least 15 minutes
Tec Labs Lice Treatment
This product is not an anti-lice shampoo, but an anti-lice spray, either way, it is still worth adding it on this list as it’s very effective in getting rid of lice and nits. The product is primarily created as a head lice prevention for kids, and it only consists of natural ingredients to help get rid of lice. The product is free from toxic chemicals, which makes it undoubtedly healthier for your child’s scalp and hair.
Among its natural ingredients, it also contains rosemary essential oils, which is a treatment that not only repels lice, but it also helps improves the hair’s health leaving it looking soft, healthy, and smelling great.
- This treatment is very easy to use on adults and as well on kids
- It is hypoallergenic which is great for those who have sensitive skin
- It works great in preventing lice infestation again
- Can be safely used on kids over the age of 2
- It is free from pesticide and other kinds of harmful chemicals
- Its scent can be quite overpowering to some which can irritate them.
NIX Lice Killing Crème
This product contains a special permethrin cream rinse, which makes the product look more like a cream rather than an anti-lice shampoo. This cream lice treatment is approved by the FDA, therefore, expect this product to have an effective repelling effect on the parasites.
Moreover, this product has a gentle effect on the scalp so it is suitable to be used on children for as young as 2 months of age. For your convenience, the package does not only contain 2 bottles of pediculicide, but it is also included with 2 combs that can help get rid of the nits and lice.
- It is very easy to use
- It is used on dry hair
- Approved by the FDA
- Removes lice and nits effectively, and it also acts as a repellant
- Very gentle on the skin
- It doesn’t kill lice and nits, it only repels them so that they can be easily combed out from the hair.
If you are suffering from lice infestation, or has suffered from it, then you would know it best that if you or someone from your family suffers from it, it would be best to get rid of them immediately as they can spread from one person to another very quickly. These parasites are really a horrible nuisance, so getting rid of them should be a top priority.
Therefore, do a bit of a research and make sure to choose some of our best-chosen products above to help you out with your problem. If the product that you have chosen isn’t very effective, then you can just try another one. In fact, not all products are effective for everyone.